Types of certification
In the Russian Federation production quality control which is regulated at legislative level is exercised. The following Federal laws belong to basic laws by which certification of production and services is guided:
– About protection of the rights of consumers (No. 2300-1 in edition of 23.11.2009);
– On technical regulation (No. 184 in edition of 28.09.2010);
– About requirements of fire safety. (No. 123 in edition of 08.12.2010), etc.
Due to a variety of laws, resolutions, decisions and other normative documents establishing requirements to production and services there are over 100 various systems of certification in the Russian Federation at present. And only 20 of them are obligatory, all other types of certification are carried out on a voluntary basis. Each of these systems issues own certificate which can be necessary for obtaining certificates in other systems.
Obligatory systems of certification include:
– GOST R (the Agency for Technical Regulation and Metrology);
– The state registration of the Customs Union (carried out by The Federal Service for Supervision of Consumer Rights Protection);
– Fire safety (the Ministry of Emergency Situations), etc.
To state standard specifications, norms and specifications the certification authorities accredited in certain systems of certification are engaged in confirmation of compliance of production. Therefore, it is necessary to pay attention to what types of certification the certification authority can carry out. For example, if the certification agency is accredited only in GOST R system, it is impossible to receive the certificate of the fire safety. This certificate requires accreditation of the Ministry of Emergency Situations.
In the Russian Federation the following types of certification exist:
– fire safety;
– compliances of SE;
– ecological (Euro 4, 5), etc.
It is necessary to remember that irrespective of where certificates and compliance declarations were issued they have equal validity in all territory of the Russian Federation.